Grab your computers and turn on your Smart TVs because the esteemed and oldest golf tournament in the World, The British Open, is back for its 150th run. The event originated in Scotland in 1860, and this year The British Open returns to St. Andrews for a competitive weekend of golf between July 14 and July 17.
If you’re a golf fan but don’t know where or how to watch the British Open, you’re in the right place. We’ve compiled a list explaining what websites and servers you can use to watch the monumental contest.
If you live in a country or region where the following streaming services are not available, you can download a VPN. This can switch your IP address to show the country of your choice, allowing you to stream the content with ease. Our favorite VPNs are:
Read on to see where you can witness the winner of the $14 million jackpot. All streaming services below will help you to watch Golf British Open without cable.
This American-based server launched in 2020 with access to NBC content, sports streams, and other live content for viewers to enjoy.
Peacock has two comprehensive plans for subscribers. Peacock Premium costs $4.99 a month and gives users access to sports coverage, news, reels, play-by-plays, dissection of games, and live sports coverage with ads.
During the British Open, subscribers receive daily coverage, special groups, and viewings of featured holes on the course. Peacock Premium Plus offers all this content without ads for $9.99 a month.
Are you confused about how to stream the British Open on Peacock? Here’s how.
- Either download the Peacock app or visit the website on a mobile device or Smart TV.
- Log in to your account or enroll in a subscription.
- Pick the coverage you want to consume. Here is a schedule in Eastern Standard (EST) time.
- Thursday, July 14- Round 1, Open Championship: 1:30 a.m., 3 p.m.
- Friday, July 15- Round 2, Open Championship: 1:30 a.m., 3 p.m.
- Saturday, July 16- Round 3: 7 a.m.
- Sunday, July 17- Final Round 7 a.m.
Golfpass+ is a subsidiary of NBC that contains anything and everything related to golf. The subscription program gives subscribers discounts to resorts, hotels, and golf clubs. It provides instructional and educational tips and tricks about golf and provides users with one round of golf a month.
The program costs $9.99 a month or $99 a year with an annual payment. You can upgrade to GolfPass+ Premium for $199 a year to get more discounts, waived fees, and more deals.
GolfPass+ will live stream some coverage from the event. Here’s a schedule in EST.
- Thursday, July 14- Live from the Open: 12 a.m., 4 p.m., 9 p.m.
- Friday, July 15- Live from the Open: 12 a.m., 4 p.m., 9 p.m.
- Saturday, July 16- Live from the Open: 12 a.m., 3 p.m., 9 p.m.
- Sunday, July 17- Live from the Open: 12 a.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 9 p.m.
The spinoff server off the traditional ESPN service originated in 2018. The platform has additional content not found on the original ESPN network, like highlights, behind-the-scenes coverage, and shows. It also has live coverage of the PGA, MLA, NHL, and more.
ESPN+ is ad-free, and subscriptions start at $7 a month. Once you purchase a subscription or log in to your already existing subscription, enjoy the most significant golf program of the year.
Sling TV Blue
Dish Network invented Sling TV in 2015 as a one-demand video program that includes television, movies, live streams, and live coverage of sports. When you sign up for Sling TV, you pick between the blue and orange (or both) packages.
The blue package includes access to the NFL, Olympic, and Golf channels, and the orange package lets you consume ESPN programs, NBA, and family channels like Disney and Freeform.
Sling costs $35 per month, and you can further customize your selection when you sign up. If you only want to watch the golf channel and the news, you can.
Since the Golf Channel comes with Sling TV Blue, you can tune in to the live stream via the service. Here’s how.
- Download the Sling TV app or visit the website.
- Sign up for Sling TV Blue.
- Turn on the Golf Channel.
- Enjoy the tournament.
In 2017 the creators of YouTube, the free video streaming service, founded YouTube TV. This platform has access to live sports, video-on-demand programs, and content from hundreds of channels.
The subscription costs $65 per month, but the platform offers $30 off the first three months when you sign up and a one-week free trial. Plus, you can stream the tournament on three different devices with YouTube TV. Everyone in the family can watch to see if fan favorite Rory McIlroy wins the championship.
Here’s how to catch the live stream of the 150th British Open on YouTube TV.
- Download the app or visit the website.
- Start your free trial.
- Type in British Open 2022.
- Witness the greatest golfers of the decade compete for the $14 million reward in 1080p.
The British television service BBC created a website solely dedicated to sports in 1988 just 66 after BBC. BBC Sport is a free app but mobile carriers and data networks might charge fees for usage. It depends on your plan. Here are some additions the app offers.
- BBC widget which loops you in with all the top headlines of the day. To add it to a mobile app, swipe down from the top of the screen, click “Today,” then click “edit,” and add “BBC Sports Headlines.”
- Now you can see the top three headlines whenever you scroll down on your mobile device. It updates automatically to keep you aware of the latest developments during the British Open.
- Push notifications alert you of important happenings in the sports realm. All you need to receive push notifications is a network connection and to configure your app to allow them. Complete this in settings. Just toggle the “on” switch to allow push notifications for BBC Sport and receive essential coverage about the golf contest.
This American streaming subscription covers live sports and over a hundred television channels. The program costs $69.99 a month with a one-week free trial. While the service reaches countries like the US, Canada, and Spain, streaming quality maxes out at 720p rather than 1080p like other popular streaming options. Think SD vs. HD.
If that is not a problem, you can enjoy live coverage of the 2022 British Open, highlights, and updates throughout the weekend. Just download the app or log in to the website to begin streaming.
The website dedicated to the annual competition hosts a live stream, among other helpful services for golf fans to follow this weekend. Watch live streams on featured holes, featured groups, and players taking their swing on their website.
Now you know some ways to watch the 2022 British Open online. If you live in a region where any of these options are not available to you, you can download a virtual private network (VPN) to hide your IP address and get around geo-restrictions.
Choose between Peacock, GolfPass+, fubo TV, BBC Sport, YouTube TV, Sling TV Blue, or The Open’s website to indulge in the highs and lows of the 2022 British Open. Happy streaming!