Cord-cutting increases every day with the constant emergence of new and improved streaming services. While cable television has good qualities, most options lose the battle to more efficient, curated content on services like streaming platforms.
FS1, or Fox Sports 1, is a television channel owned by Fox that started in 2013. Fox Sports 1 is found on many major cable subscriptions. But it also works with most streaming platforms and devices. Let’s take a further look at how to watch FS1 without cable.
What Will I Need to Watch FS1 Without Cable?
Before we look into what services carry FS1, let’s see what we need to have an account. To access the FS1 app, you need:
- An internet connection – Whether that is over WiFi, a router, or any other kind of strong internet signal, you have to connect to the internet to use this app.
- The FS1 app – Navigate to the app on your Roku, FireStick, laptop, phone, or tablet and search FS1.
The logo is a blue box with “FS1” in bold, white letters. Click and download the app. Below I’ve listed different methods to stream FS1 on.
Where Can I Watch FS1 Without Cable?
1. Sling TV Blue
In 2015, Dish Network invented Sling TV. This service has on-demand video programs, television, movies, live coverage of sports, play-by-plays, interviews, and more.
Sling offers two packages to users: orange and blue. Orange focuses on 30 channels, ESPN coverage, 50 hours of DVR cloud storage, and on-demand programs, while Blue focuses on 40 channels, including NFL coverage, 50 hours of cloud DVR recordings, and on-demand programs. Sling TV Blue carries FS1 in its package.
How to Get Sling TV Blue:
- Before you can download the FS1 app or watch the FS1 channel, you need a server it can operate on.
- Go to the home screen or the app store on your device and type in Sling TV.
- Once it loads, download the app.
- Launch it.
- Select the service, in this case, Sling TV Blue.
- Now you can move on to downloading or streaming FS1
For $35 a month, you can use Sling and further customize access when you register for an account. If you only want to watch FS1, Sling TV lets you do that.
Here’s how to watch FS1 on Sling TV Blue:
- Download the Sling TV app or visit the website.
- Pick Sling TV Blue when asked which service you’d like to continue with.
- Customize your preferences and turn on Fox Sports 1.
- Enjoy the channel!
Sling TV works with Apple and Android phones, Rokus, FireSticks, Apple TV, and gaming platforms such as XBOX or Playstation.
2. Fubo TV
Fubo TV started in 2015 as the only service focused mainly on sports coverage.
Fubo offers Fox Sports 1 to its subscribers as well as 1000 hours of DVR cloud storage and 4K HD viewing so you can watch all the FS1 you wish in high-resolution.
Fubo includes three different plans for its users:
- Pro- With over 100 channels and 100 sports events, you can stream on ten devices at once with this plan. For $69.99 a month, you also get 1000 hours of DVR storage and a one-week free trial.
- Elite- this plan has close to 200 channels, 130 sporting events in crisp HD quality, and about 60 more channels than the pro plan. You get 1000 hours of cloud DVR space for $79.99 a month, plus a one-week free trial.
- Ultimate- this package offers the most for the most money. The ultimate plan gives users over 200 channels, 130 live sports events in 4K HD resolution, Showtime, and Sports Plus, in addition to 1000 hours of DVR space. This package is $99.99 a month with a one-week free trial.
How to Get FuboTV:
To use the service, search Fubo TV on a web browser or home screen and visit the website or download the app. After it loads, input your login credentials or create an account and select your desired plan.
Customize your preferences.
Here’s how to watch FS1 on FuboTV:
- Once you’ve downloaded FuboTV, launch the app.
- Type in FS1 in the search bar, and the channel should come up.
- Click on the channel.
FuboTV works with phones and computers, Rokus, Smart TVs, and FireSticks.
3. DirecTV Stream
The streaming side of DirecTV is AT&T’s service, DirecTV Stream. This subscription service was formed in 2016 as a means to combine content from AT&T, DirecTV, and TPG.
DirecTV stream pools live TV content, on-demand programming, and live sports to enhance viewing pleasures for the whole family. You get all the benefits of a cable subscription through DirecTV without having to sign any of the paperwork.
DirecTV allows subscribers to stream on 20 devices at once, so everyone can watch FS1. DirecTV also comes with 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage.
How to Get DirecTV Stream:
For all of these subscription services, you need a device that works with the internet and a secure internet connection. Using your Smart TV, tablet, or phone, go to the App Store or the finder button, type in DirecTV Stream, and download the app. When you download the app, you need to log in or register with a DirecTV Stream account.
After you set up your account, you need to select a plan. Each plan offers a free five-day trial, so if it turns out FS1 isn’t for you, you have the ability to cancel the service without a fee.
- DirecTV Stream Entertainment Package: Over 75 live channels, live sports coverage, and over 40,000 on-demand channels. This package is $69.99 a month.
- DirecTV Stream’s Choice Package: This package includes shows, live sports, and 45,000 on-demand programs. This service costs $89.99 a month.
- DirecTV Stream Ultimate Package: This plan has 140 channels, 55,000 on-demand programs, live sports, and regional sports networks. Right now, this plan is offering $20 off the first two months of service, bringing the price from $104.99 to $84.99.
- DirecTV Stream Premier Package: This top-tier package has 140 channels, 65,000 on-demand programs, and access to live sports and regional sports channels. Get this plan today for $129.99 for the first two months instead of $149.99.
How to Watch FS1 on DirecTV Stream:
- Open the DirecTV Stream app or visit the website
- Log in or create an account
- Once you’re logged in, go to the search bar and type in FS1. The logo and channel should pop up.
- Click on it and enjoy
DirecTV Stream works with Apple and Android products, FireSticks, and Rokus.
4. YouTube TV
The founders of YouTube took their platform to the next level in 2017. They created a streaming subscription for YouTube with access to live sports and televised programming. YouTube TV is $65 per month with a one-week free trial and a deal of $30 off the first three months.
How to Get YouTube TV:
Visit the App Store or the home browser on your selected device and type in YouTube TV. YouTube and YouTube TV will pop up. Make sure you choose YouTube TV and click on the app, it has the same logo as YouTube, just with a TV tacked on the end of it. Download the app and log in with your established credentials or create an account.
Here’s how to watch FS1 on YouTube TV:
- Download the YouTube Tv app or visit the website.
- Start your free trial.
- Type in FS1 or scroll to the channel.
- Launch the network and indulge in the Fox Sports coverage.
YouTube TV is compatible with Android and Apple phones and computers, Rokus, and FireSticks.
Vidgo offers live sports, news, movies, and television channels for its subscribers. Shane Cannon founded this company in 2019 as an alternative, affordable cable selection with 65 channels. Today, it has over a hundred, including FS1.
Vidgo offers three plans for its users:
- English Plus Package- this selection has 110 channels, live sports coverage, live news coverage, and cloud storage. It costs $59.95 a month.
- English Premium Package- this package has 150 channels, live sports coverage, news coverage, and cloud storage for $79.95 a month.
Spanish Mas Package- this selection has 45 channels and access to Spanish and Latinx coverage of sports and news. It is $29.95 a month.
How to Get Vidgo:
- On your device of choice, navigate over to the search bar and type in Vidgo.
- The app icon should pop up. It has a black background with ‘vid’ in orange letters and ‘go’ in white letters.
- Click on it and launch it.
- Select the plan that best fits your viewing preferences.
How to Watch FS1 on Vidgo:
- Launch the Vidgo app.
- Navigate your cursor to the search bar and type in FS1. You can also find the channel by opening the menu and
- scrolling through all the listed channels.
Click on FS1 and sit back and enjoy the best Fox Sports coverage there is. Vidgo works on Apple and Android phones and computers, Roku, and FireSticks/Fire TVs.
Cord cutting interests thousands of people today. With streaming services that provide the same coverage as cable TV, it’s no wonder so many people choose to cut the cord and enroll in a platform subscription.
For Sports, specifically coverage hosting FS1, options include Vidgo, Sling TV Blue, Fubo, and more. Now that you know how to watch FS1 without cable, which provider will you choose?