- 1 AT&T TV Now
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 AT&T TV NOW Review
- 5 AT&T TV NOW Streaming Packages
- 6 AT&T TV NOW Channel Line-ups
- 7 AT&T Now International Packages
- 8 AT&T TV NOW Premium Channel Add-ons
- 9 Compatible Devices for AT&T TV NOW
- 10 Other Streaming Features and Information
AT&T TV NowDISCONTINUED
**UPDATE: AT&T TV NOW is no longer offered by AT&T. Please see our AT&T TV review for AT&T’s streaming option**
AT&T TV NOW Review
AT&T TV NOW is an online streaming video service. This service is entirely separate from AT&T TV. This is a no-contract streaming service that delivers live television through your internet connection to devices such as computers, tablets, smartphones, or streaming devices. Unlike traditional cable or satellite TV plans, it requires no installation, there are no extra fees, and you can cancel anytime.
The service was formerly known as DIRECTV NOW but was rebranded in 2019. Long gone are the days of free Apple TVs and $35/month plans for 100 channels; however, there are many different packages offered by this streaming service which we will review later on. AT&T TV TV has changed quite a bit over the years but is now around the same pricepoint as services such as Hulu and YouTube TV for the base package. Overall, it is one of the most expensive services available but there are a few bright spots such as HBO Max, 500 hours of DVR, and all four broadcast channels in most markets.
AT&T TV NOW Streaming Packages
Subscribers can choose from 8 different packages that range from $55/month to $183/month. The available packages are Plus, Max, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, Premier, and Optimo Más.
AT&T TV NOW Channel Line-ups
Each streaming package contains a different number of channels. Plus package contains 45+ channels; Max package contains 60+ channels; Entertainment package contains 65+ channels; Choice package contains 85+ channels; Xtra package contains 105+ channels; Ultimate package contains 125+ channels; Premiere package contains 140+ channels; Optimo Más package contains 90+ channels.
|A Wealth of Entertainment|
|BBC World News|
|Big Ten Network|
|Canal 22 Internacional|
|Cartoon Network East|
|CBS Sports Network|
|CNN En Español|
|De Pelicula Clásico|
|Discovery en Español|
|Discovery Family Channel|
|Fox Business Network|
|Fox News Channel|
|Fox Sports 1|
|Fox Sports 2|
|FX Movie Channel|
|Game Show Network|
|Hallmark Movies & Mysteries|
|History En Español|
|My Network TV|
|Nat Geo Mundo|
|Nat Geo WILD|
|National Geographic Channel|
|Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite|
|One American News|
|Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)|
|STARZ ENCORE Action|
|STARZ ENCORE Black|
|STARZ ENCORE Classic|
|STARZ ENCORE East|
|STARZ ENCORE Family|
|STARZ ENCORE Suspense|
|STARZ ENCORE West|
|STARZ ENCORE Westerns|
|The Weather Channel|
|Univision Deportes Network|
AT&T Now International Packages
There are currently three international language streaming TV packages available: Brazilian, Korean, and Vietnamese.
AT&T TV NOW Premium Channel Add-ons
AT&T TV NOW offers eight premium channel options and other add-ons:
- HBO Included
- Cinemax $11/month: ActionMax, Cinemax East, MAX GO, On demand library
- Showtime $11/month:: SHOWTIME Extreme, SHOWTIME East Live Feed, SHOWTIME Anytime, On demand library
- Starz $11/month: STARZ East, STARZ Kids & Faily, STARZ ENCORE East, STARZ On Demand
- EPIX $6/month: 1000s of Hollywood movies. On TV + Online + On Demand + On the Go
- Movies Extra Pack $5/month: Crime + Investigation, Hallmark Drama, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, HDNET MOVIES, MGM HD, MTV Live, SHORTSTV, Smithsonian Channel
- NBA League Pass $40/month: Access to live out-of-market regular season games. Home, away, and mobile feeds. Blackouts and restrictions apply
- AT&T TV NOW Español $15/month: Univision, Discovery Channel en Español, Estrella TV, Cinelatino
- AT&T TV NOW Deportes $5/month: TyC Sports, Univision Deportes, FOX Deportes, ESPN Deportes
Compatible Devices for AT&T TV NOW
AT&T TV NOW is supported by a wide array of streaming devices leaving subscribers with many options. Users have the flexibility to watch their favorite shows and movies in a variety of different ways such as at home on your television or on your phone while you’re on the go.
Here is a list of compatible devices:
- AT&T: AT&T TV device
- Amazon: Fire TV stick, cube, or streaming player; Fire TV edition Smart TV (2nd generation and higher)
- Android: Phones and tablets running version 5.0 and higher
- Apple and iOS: Apple TV (4th generation); Safari browser, version 10 or higher; iPads, iPhones, and iPod touch running version iOS 11 and higher
- Google: Chrome browser, version 58 and higher; Chromecast Built-in TV (select models); Chromecast (2nd generation and higher)
- Roku: Starting January 1, 2020, you won’t be able to add the AT&T TV channel to your Roku device. Already have AT&T TV on your Roku device? You can keep using it as long as you don’t delete the app. AT&T is currently working on a new agreement with Roku. 4K Roku TV (7000X) and non-4K TV (8000X); Roku Streaming Stick® (3600X, 3800RT, 3800RW, 3800X), and Streaming Stick+ (3810RW, 3810X); Roku 4 (4400); Roku Premiere (4620) and Premiere+ (4630); Roku Ultra (4640X, 4660RW, 4660X); Roku Express (3900RW, 3900X) and Express+ (3910RW, 3910RX)
- Samsung: 2017 and 2018 Smart TVs
Other Streaming Features and Information
AT&T TV NOW allows three concurrent streams at one time. You can stream on two devices at the same time with the AT&T NOW international plans. International packages only come with two concurrent streams; however, an additional third stream may be purchased for $5/month.
AT&T TV NOW offers True Cloud DVR. With True Cloud DVR, AT&T TV NOW accounts with the Plus, Max, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, or Optimo Más package get 500 hours of recording time, and all other accounts get 20 hours. Users can keep recordings for up to 90 days with the Plus, Max, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, or Optimo Más packages, and all other accounts get 30 days. The DVR is incredibly easy to use and one of the best currently available.
One of the features that streaming services have been lacking is a good TV guide. AT&T TV NOW has a pretty decent one compared to other services but the menus are clunky. The platform is smart and saves the channel that was on when you stopped watching which has been jettisoned by other streaming services. Most live channels are broadcast in 720p but AT&T TV Now supports 60-frames-per-second video on all sports, news, and broadcast channels on Apple TV, Roku, and Fire TV. This service also contains parental controls and gives users access to 37 TV Anywhere apps.
Local Channel Restrictions
Local channels are still an issue for many users. Unfortunately, this is a common problem for all streaming services. Local channel availability depends upon the market in which you live. You may get one or all of the local broadcast channels: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC. Most markets are going to get all four of these local broadcast stations.